Tuesday 7 February 2012

Media Filming

Today we filmed some scenes at my house. The footage me and Becky had filmed on Thursday had not looked exactly how we had hoped but luckily Duresh and I were able to go to my house with the camera and re-shoot this. We started off filming in front of a window, but I was not happy with these shots at all. I felt the lighting didn't work and the shots didn't have any effect and didn't look interesting at all. After some discussion we decided that we tried to use two other locations but both of these didn't gave the right effect either and looked boring. We then decided to move on to another shot we had planned to try and realised that by using some candles I had we could do the candle shot using the fireplace and mantle piece. We tested this and the shots came out really well. I think they look great and I am particularly pleased with them because we managed to overcome issues we were having with the shot and because they we found out how great the shot looked almost by accident. I was able to have input on the shots, which I think is really important, by using the screen and turning it to face me so that I could make sure I was happy with the framing and make any adjustments I felt were needed. This way I was able to have my own say in what we filmed and make sure I was happy with the footage. We then filmed some shots of me playing the guitar on the stairs. I bribed my brother to hold a light above me from the hall way so that the shot was light enough and made the shot look brighter and easier on the eye. We filmed the me lip-synching the entire song 3 or 4 times to make sure we could get a lot of good shots that we could use throughout the music video just in case we needed some extra performance shots as well as the footage we needed for during the first chorus. We then did my make-up for a shot of me crying to convey the emotion in the song. I then had to try and cry. I found this really difficult, but eventually managed to cry, which was much more challenging than I had imagined and then used water to smudge the make-up more. I was pleased with how the make-up looked for these shots as I wanted it to look understated by still show the emotion at the same time. Duresh did a great job on the make-up. I feel on reflection that the make-up may have looked better if we smudged it even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment